Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Very Busy Day!

The reunion was lots of fun! The little children had the most fun. There was a pool nearby so that the children could swim before and after the events. Bergen and Matayia played bubbles with Uncle David. It was so cute that the girls would run up and down the hills with Aunt Ronda.




Just after lunch Samuel fell asleep in a wagon. It was just darling! He ended up sleeping through the whole program for the day.




Speaking of which, we learned more my great grandma and great grandpa Welch! We got to see many things that Grandma Nora had made such as a dress and a quilt. Many of her children and grandchildren would retell stories about them. Uncle David told a story about how he had been shot by a bb gun and his grandpa had taken care of him. There were a lot of fond memories to be shared. In fact, one of the cousins, Patra Anne had put together a special book to commemorate of Grandma Nora for all of her grandchildren. When I have some free time I’ll read that so that I can learn more about my family history.










"Good brother!" Was what Sydney said in this adorable picture!

Once the reunion was over we packed up and headed home. Mom and I had a few errands to run up at Shopko. Rather than take a car, we walked the whole way up. It was nice in the shade, but the weather is so hot! At Shopko I had hoped to find a new pair of jeans. (I had ripped my favorite pair fence hopping to retrieve Taylor and Melissa’s ball.) All of their jeans, even the ones on sale, were no less than 25 dollars.




What?!


No way! I’m not paying 25 dollars for jeans just to replace my old 15 dollars ones. Which look better even with the rip! Grrr! So I’m going to ask Aunt Donna later if she’ll help me patch them up with some colorful fabric. They’ll look fabulous all for the great price of not 25 dollars! On the bright side I found a cute hoodie that was reasonably priced that looked like the one I drew in that comic I made for when I got my driver's license! Yay!

Well, Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Mark went to DI and had a better time finding bargains than Nona and I. Aunt Sylvia found books for Sydney and Samuel for 50 cents apiece! They bought about a dozen or so of books.

I’ll try to get Mom to blog, but she’s a blog pooper! Nah!

Oh? What's this? It seems that Mom does have something to say: "That’s right Ashley, I love the way you blog, blog, blog. It’s so creativity!!!!!!!!"

(And she nags me on spell check. Tee Hee! Of course I was mean and wouldn't let her change it!)

No comments: