Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Silliness

We Welch girls are on the same wavelength. Without even trying or talking to each other we somehow managed to all were the same blues and greens to Church this morning. We are so good on coordination! We just do it naturally!


While at Church I saw Kelly Prestwich, who I was in Young Women’s with when I joined the Church. She’s up at Utah State majoring in Psychology! That is a very difficult and ambitious field of study! (Dr. Williams, I love you, but your class was tougher than nails!) It’s really neat to see what some of the girls who I was in seventh grade with are doing now. It amazing how we have all just grown and progress into various stages of life.

During church, one of the sisters who was giving a talk made a little joke that whenever she gives a talk she buys a new Sunday dress. After she was finished the 2nd counselor, Brother Conway, stood up and before announcing the closing hymn said; “Well, Bishop asks me to speak in Church all the time, but I never get a new dress!” It was so humorous!

Today we having a bunch of family over again and we’ve prepared Cranberry Pork-Chops with mashed potatoes! Also one of Nana's neighbors gave her GIGANTIC squashes and zucchinis! I've never seen such large one before! Although because this isn’t Food Network I’m not going into all the details like I have on previous dishes that we’ve had. (I should write for their magazines, tee hee!)




Aunt Karen came in and had brought back some cute boxes from her collection that she no longer wants. She’s giving them to the lovely lady cousins who come to claim them! I’ve already made my choice, so you girls will just have to come see which one you want! They are very nice too! See! See!




Also Nana treated us to some of her fancy Italian candies today! Oh, why did ZCMI have to go out of business?! Why cruel, unloving economics and business!? Well, I’ll tell you why. Those fancy little candies cost anywhere from 12 to 18 dollars a pound! (And that’s before you add shipping and taxes!) But for all those who wish to know the name of the sweet candies it’s Puntini Jujubes or fruit chips. I just wish that there was some were nearby that carried them!


Oh! Now Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Mark have gotten back from their trip up to the Joseph Smith Center. Syndey, just announced to us that her Mom and Dad are silly. Earlier little Sydney gave her Popa a trophy for sleeping. As she says “It shines with brightness!”

1 comment:

Gearhart Family said...

Looks like you're all having a great time. So sorry we missed out on the family visits! :(