Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mississippi

Yes, we're home and actually found the house and occupants in tack. Although we're still investigating the green glow around the house, which blew out the air conditioning. We had a good day for traveling it was sun shiny all the way. Karen even found us while traveling so she was able to get the Martha Stewart rice krispie recipe. We're not very good at hide and seek.

I forgot to take the camera. But here's a list of pictures I would I have taken. Huff's Texaco gas station, little bitty frogs, Magnolia trees lots of them, Fred's, Piggly Wiggly Supermarket, downtown Brandon, MS with Confederate Solider monument in the center of the road, Talladega Speedway, Chunky, MS and even the gas station that sold souvenirs from all fifty states (your one stop shopping).

We had a very good visit with John's Aunt Georgia and Uncle Robert and cousins Robert and Lisa. They are really sweet people. We caught up on all of the family news and helped them get some things done while we were there.

4 comments:

Dave or Ronda said...

I love your blog... I'm an instant fan!!! It is engaging and interesting to read.

ronda said...

I loved reading about your trip! The highlights brought me back to the south. I had forgotten about Piggly Wiggly, I love that store! It was the high light of my P-days. Mostly because it meant we once again had food to eat.

AE Hinckley's Boy said...

I think I am missing something. I can only see a few green lettered words on a white back ground.

Can you help?

-Ron

Sylvia said...

Heehee...so I guess your Christmas shopping is all done. Between the Piggly Wiggly and the gas station--dahdumb!

I'm glad you had such a fun trip. And now...on to Houston for Thanksgiving, right?